Thursday, August 14, 2008

FirsT DaY of SchooL


Today was Ella's first day of school...Mother's Day Out to be exact. She has been asking me every day for the past week if it was time to go to school yet, so needless to say, she was excited! When we got there this morning, she just ran into her classroom and started playing...like it was something that she does every day! She didn't even want to say "bye" to me! I'm so glad that she reacted that way, but I was a little sad about it too! I just can't believe how grown up she is after only 3 years. I'm so proud of how independent she is becoming, but it's bittersweet because I still want her to need me to be there every step of the way. Today was just a reminder of how I need to cherish every moment, because it all just goes so fast.


Max missed his sissy today! He was walking around the house before nap time saying "De De" (translates to Sissy). He was really excited to see her this afternoon! I am really looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with him on Thursdays...even if he does just whine for his sissy the whole time!

2 comments:

Laura said...

She looks ADORABLE!!! so fun!! I am glad that she had such a fun first day of school!!!

the soon to be skinny girl said...

Those are really sweet pics Bobbi. Ella does look so grown up! She's beautiful!