Saturday, May 9, 2009

our first major injury!

Yesterday was quite eventful here. Ella somehow managed to dislocate her thumb!!!! We're still not sure exactly how she did it at this point...she's given us at least 3 or 4 different versions of how the injury occured. I'm pretty sure that some of them are physically impossible....however, we are talking about Ella!

I was at work when it happened, so my mom brought Ella and met me at the Emergency Room so we could get her fixed up. In true Ella style, she had dressed herself (before the accident) in a very COLORFUL outfit! I'm just telling you this so that when you see the pics of her, you will not think that I dressed her! :) Vain...I know! My mom was actually laughing at me because the first thing I asked when I saw her was, "What is she wearing???"

Anyhow, everyone at the ER was wonderful!! They reset her thumb and put it in a splint. Ella did great considering the amount of pain she was in! She received several compliments about what a great patient she was. We will have to go next week and see a hand specialist to determine what will happen next....the ER doctor mentioned either a cast or surgery. Obviously, we are praying that there will be no ligament damage and therefore no need for either of those. We just want the impact to be as minimal as possible. Here are some pics of the little patient.....just remember what I said about the clothes! :) Sorry the quality's not great...I took the pics on my phone.

2 comments:

The Noles said...

we think Ella looks beautiful! We will be praying for her thumb! we miss ya hope to see you guys soon! Keep us updated on her!
You are so funny Bobbi
Angie

Unknown said...

Poor babies (I count you in that as the first serious ER trip is as hard on Mom as it is on the kid sometimes!). Please tell Ella that Aunt Janie sends get well booboo kisses and hopes it doesn't slow her down too much.

Miss all you guys!

Love,
Aunt Janie